Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9943 Ignoramus9943 is offline

Default Is "battery desulphation" a scam?

On 2015-09-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus9943 fired this volley in
:

So... For poor condition batteries, can at least some of them be
somewhat spruced up?

Has Anyone here tested "desulphation" equipment?

SOME of them can be brought up SOME in capacity. Few, actually.

I built a rig to apply a de-sulfurizing charge (with high-frequency
pulses), just for the interest in the claims. I tried it on some golf
cart batteries that were all dead, and had not taken a proper charge in
some weeks.

Two of twelve of them came back up to about 30% of original capacity.
The rest did not rejuvinate at all.

Then I tried some of the mouse-milk cures, including also trying
magnesium sulfate on my own. Same deal... none of the batteries that did
not rejuvinate with the charger would improve with the 'magic potion",
and the ones that did improve improved some more, to about 35-40% of
original capacity.

It's a goofball scam. 'Doesn't work.

Lloyd

What about batteries that are not dead, just degraded?