Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

The original twice yearly was a safety inspection. That was a joke.
You could get inspected so easily or you could get scammed by shops
selling un-needed repairs.

The shop I went to was owned by an old guy that could not lift a wheel
if he had to. checking the brakes was pushing on the pedal while
scraping off the old sticker.

Before that, I took three cars to a shop in one day and every one needed
headlight adjustment for $2. Never mind that the ball joints they never
checked were loose. Quick easy money.

True, but then again we had a reputable shop.

--
Tekkie