Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations

On 9/19/2015 11:52 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

LAST THING: I already know Festool is the best and Fein is a close
second. But I don't have six hundred bucks to spend on an oscillating
tool. All the other brands have options under $150, so I'm sticking
with those.

As you probably know I have a Fein, 15 years, and it still runs like new.

Almost daily on every job site someone reaches for it. It is one of the
rare tools I've let others use, and despite that kind of use, which
usually results in a short lived tool, the only problem I've had is
blades being dulled when I needed it.

Decided to stop that, so, even though it was in the truck, my response
to where is it? "left it at the shop."

Last year my good buddy, and right hand man (he was the biggest
culprit), purchased his own ... a Dremel (MM45?) from HD.

Now, I do leave mine at the shop, and use his.

Good tool, and I've used it enough to make a comparison. Other than a
certain "heft" to the hand, there is no noticeable difference in
function, fit and finish, and ability to do the job. It certainly has
the power.

Obviously longevity, with regard to the Fein, is a question, but so far
so good on withstanding the rigors of the job site.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net