Quadrajet1

Default RS232 to 9 pin serial port cable

I need a cable or wiring insructions, if possible, to adapt a 9 pin serial
computer port to an RS232 type male connector. The cable is needed for an
automotive diagnostic tool I have and is used for loading software updates
from my computer to the tool. The mfr. wants $55.30 for this thing and I
believe I can build it or find it cheaper somewhere else. Struck out at the
local radio shack. Thanks for any help.

Garrett Fulton

There is no such thing as an RS232 connector, I assume you mean DB25
connector? Where does this diagnostic thingamajig plug into? Serial or
parallel port? The diagnostic tool has a 25 pin male connector, it's made for
a parallel port it sounds like.

Raymond