Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/18/2015 2:04 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/18/2015 10:58 AM, Jack wrote:
On 9/17/2015 9:36 PM, krw wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:15:04 -0400, Jack wrote:

It's not that their stuff isn't good, it certainly _should_ be, but,
again, imo, the difference between a quality saw, vacuum, drill and the
price Festool charges is insane. Tradesmen generally don't buy festool
stuff either, not because it's not quality, but because it costs too
much, and they can get more bang for the buck with good quality stuff
that costs considerably less, particularly if they are not the only guy
using the tools.

AAMOF tradesmen were using Festool long long before Festool became known
to the general hobbyist such as yourself.

I'm sure, but I've never seen them used on a job site, and I asked
around once at a local club with around 10 professional tradesman, all
in the business for many years, and not one of them owned or used any
festools, supporting my view not many tradesman use Festools, choosing
to use cheaper, high quality tools.

I suspect most Festool users are general hobbyists, with oil wells in
their back yard, like yourself. "Look at me ma, I'm using a Festool,
y'all know what this thing cost?"

I'm sure some professionals, that mostly work alone, own Festools, they
are supposedly top quality, as they should be considering the price.
I've just never met one, or talked to one, or walked past one. Rockler
sells them though.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com