Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Deck screws in PTW wood

"Mayayana"
Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:46:02 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

| I'm in New England. Lots of weather extremes.
|
| You aren't kidding. And, that's a polite way to put it.

It has its good points. I like the way that the cycles
evoke reflection. September brings lust for life, a sense
of loss, missed opportunity and sadness at the end of
Summer. November brings sense of death with ugly,
dead, brown landscape. Winter has cozy lunches of
delcious soup. Spring is always amazing after the long
Winter. Summer is more beautiful than just about
anyplace else I know.... If I were in San Diego I guess
I'd just get up every day to sunny room temperature.
I expect that would get old.

Winter is long, cold, and, dreadful. That's why you're inside having
soup. It's too cold outside to do much else, unless you're going to
put the entire snowsuit and assorted protective gear on. And you have
the wonderful wintertime flu to deal with. Although you might be
toasty warm in your snow suite, I've found that battery powered
devices don't tolerate those conditions for long well.

I remember looking just like the kid in the movie, A Christmas Story.
Just to goto school. I've had to build a small fire underneath the
trucks oilpan several times to thaw it enough to crank over. Battery
on a charger to give it some life back (the minus temps are rough on
them), fire going under the truck. [g]

I don't miss that. rofl.

Today it was 90F. By Monday they're predicting a
high in the mid 60s. Over the weekend I've got to figure
out what I did with my long pants.

That's exactly what I mean. It's still september, I can go outside
with a tshirt here. In the mornings its a little chilly now, but, it
warms up to a toasty mid 70s-80s and it'll continue to do this for a
little while longer. I won't have to wear a long sleeve until Mid
October, and by mid day, back to tshirt. [g]

In another month or so, it's hoodies and coats for you, all the time.
[g] Winter's coming. rofl. New Englands idea of fall isn't much.
It's.. a precursor to everything being dead outside and piles of snow
and ice that's coming.

It'll be back in the 50s and 60s come March here... Hoodie weather.

But I do dislike what the salt does to car frames.

That's another aspect, entirely. Your frame will rust away to
nothingness long before your engine/drivetrain should wear out under
normal use there.

One drawback of living here is the panic that a couple inches of snow
seems to cause. They shut cities down over it. rofl. It's barely even
on the road and doesn't stick around, but, the city is mostly closed
due to the 'cold'. cracks me up.

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.