Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 9/17/2015 10:28 AM, Jack wrote:

Did Festool suddenly change their pricing structure to more accurately
reflect the true value of the tools, or are you just being fatuous?

The _true value_ of any equipment/tool used in business is it's cost
effectiveness.

Bought first Festool (starting with a TS-75) in 2009, and collectively
they have played a big part in well over $300k in sales in just the
shop/cabinetry part of my business alone during that period ... making
them the most _cost effective_ brand of tools I've ever owned.

First, a sarcastic remark.

Gee Karl, only 300 K worth of hobby cabinets? You are obviously a hobbyist
and amateur. If you were a true professional, you would save up your money
and buy the good stuff.

There are a lot of folks who just don't understand economics, tools or
appropriate technology. I work with some special computers that are only
built in about 4 or five shops in the US. And it takes three to four weeks
to get one built and shipped to you. And they only run a few programs. And
yes, they are expensive.

But the interesting thing is that there are local shops that will build you
a monster machine that costs twice as much. And they won't be as stable, or
as fast and will burn out quite rapidly in use. Because throwing money at
it doesn't get the job done. Due to some unique demands, that increase
every year, not a lot of machines can keep up. The key is not the money
spent or expensive components. The key is building a machine optimized for
a certain function.

Price is not the only issue. IS IT THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB??? People
who work in the real world, solving real problems, spending their own money
don't have any problems making appropriate decisions in this area.

Besides, it takes a certain kind of person to whine about tools or somebody
else's choice of tool. I have always admired good tools. I have always
admired true craftsman. I don't have any problem figuring out whose
opinions I respect and those opinions I disregard.