Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default OT Technology rant about ingrown toe nails

Chris have you being see Doctor for Gout, the gout first place on you body
will attack big toes passible some swelling and hurts at same time and it
will
deforms nail, check it out.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

On 9/17/2015 12:12 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/16/2015 7:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
If the Doc tells you how to cure your self,
he loses the continuing income. I had this
problem with (several) podiatrists. I finally
looked on the computer, in my early days, and
found out the doctors were making it worse, and
presumably earning more of my money by that.

What sort of foot problem? Did you fix it yourself?

For no good reason, I was trimming the corners of my toes
back too far. (Common wisdom was to cut the big toe straight
across, which made no sense.) The big toes, the nail tends
to curl, and that puts pressure on the nail beds. Very
painful. The real answer is to quit trimming back so much.
The doctor solution is to cut the side off the toe nail. I
spent a lot of money on doctor visits, at $45 to $125 per
visit. And also had the "phenol treatment" to kill off the
roots which was $254 per toe nail. The phenol treatment
didn't work, both sides of both big toes came back. But
they grew in different directions. Now, I have to use
cuticle trimmers to cut the far back corner of the toe
nails that grow wrong. At odd moments of the week, one
or more corners of the big toes will hurt for a few
minutes, just to remind me.

It's not fixed. it's a continuing problem, likely for the
rest of my life. In large part, my ignorance. And in large
part, the podiatrists who never once told me any thing
about toe nail trimming. I learned about the sides and
nails curling by reading the internet, in my dial up days.

I've considered malpractice suit, but I'd expect them to
come to court and provide falsified records about all the
times they tried to counsel me.

-
..
Christopher A. Young