Dave Hinz

Default *Putting* water in your DC collection bin?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:12:07 -0400, George george@least wrote:
Are you bottom-posting because your brains are there?

No, I'm posting in the order that conversations take place in, so as
not to (ahem) come accross as an arrogant person whose pronouncements
shalt be the last word.

As I said before, it is volatile organics produced by _GREEN_ hay or manure,
or sawdust which ignite.

You seem to be equating my "fresh sawdust" with "green hay or manure" now,
which is most decidedly not what I had written.

It is a chemical reaction, and those chemicals are no longer present in hay
properly crimped and dried, or as the question to which you allegedly
replied, previously dried wood shavings.

So, the pile of sawdust I stuck my hands into wasn't really warm then?
Odd, sure felt like it.

You're sitting in front of a reference library, why not look up the real
answer instead of displaying your ignorance and then trying to defend it
with ad hominem bull**** (which ignites less readily than horse, because
cattle are more efficient in their digestion).

http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/...s/hayfires.htm

Yes, I'm familiar with wet hay fires. Are you going on record as saying
damp sawdust cannot spontaneously combust? How sure are you of this?
Showing that hay combusts for reason (A), and showing that sawdust does
not have reason (A), does not mean sawdust does not spontaneously combust,
it just means it doesn't spontaneously combust _for that precise
reason_. Yes?