Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 07:39:54 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Leon wrote:

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I might suggest adding "Stabil" or
another gasoline stabilizer. while I never had a problem with my
Honda the additive worked wonders for my fathers Honda. The dealer
recommended it since alcohol is likely to be in the gas and that
attracts water. Relative inexpensive and good insurance against bad
gas or gas that might go bad.

The best approach is to use enthanol free gas in all of your small engines.
Unlike you car, the gas for your small engines can sit around for a long
time before you have to fill up the gas can again, and can it in the tank
over the winter season. Some of the stabilizers do work, but not for as
long as they advertise. That said, the stabilizers do nothing to mitigate
the effect of alcohol on rubber hoses. Replacing fuel lines can get
expensive at $6-$8 per foot for neoprene lines. Carb diaphrams
disintegrate, the pot metal used for the carb disintegrates. It's just bad
stuff. Around here ethanol free gas has become very common, but it is only
sold as 91 Octane, so you're paying a premium price for it. Cheaper though,
than the repair costs for ethanol related problems.

Yeah, it's around $3.40 a gallon around here. I buy it, when it's
convenient but I haven't had trouble with "old" gas since they
improved the supply system a decade or so back. I never do anything
special to the gas, other than dumping what's left in the gas can into
my car at the end of the season.