Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/17/2015 9:36 PM, krw wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:15:04 -0400, Jack wrote:

I call this the Coors effect, and I think for this group, you could call
it the Festool effect.

From someone who's never used the product?

Nope. From someone that understands marketing.

Are you saying that you are a Festool user?

No. I'm saying that some products are marketed as high priced products.
Some, particularly hobbyists, don't mind paying $650 for a shop vac,
and in fact, many insist on having the most expensive product made.
Festool, imo, is aiming directly at that market, and the fact Festool
doesn't allow their stuff to be discounted by the retailer fits that
model.

It's not that their stuff isn't good, it certainly _should_ be, but,
again, imo, the difference between a quality saw, vacuum, drill and the
price Festool charges is insane. Tradesmen generally don't buy festool
stuff either, not because it's not quality, but because it costs too
much, and they can get more bang for the buck with good quality stuff
that costs considerably less, particularly if they are not the only guy
using the tools.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com