Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/18/2015 9:36 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Agreed. But my agreement is based completely on my needs, and what I'm
willing to put up with. I'm honestly not sure how well it would compare to
any other vaccum as a dust collection device. I'm sure it would do better
than nothing, but right now - I use nothing, so it's all speculation in my
mind.

LOL, FWIW the Festool has two relative large HEPA filters the pretty
much keep it all inside. Actually the inside of the VAC leading to
those filters stays pretty dust free.

Probably 20 years ago we agreed to see a Rainbow demonstration. Jeez
what a complicated messy vacuum.
Anyway the salesman wanted to compare the Rainbow to our Ricar.

So the smoke and mirrors demonstration started. Both his and ours
sucked and held his bowling ball, even score.

He asked me to vacuum a section of carpet and go over it 10 times. Then
he places a black cloth mid hose on his to act as a filter and vacuumed
over the same spot 10 times more. There was dust on the black cloth.
Rainbow 1, Ricar 0.
I asked to see another black cloth and did the same with the hose on our
vacuum. I re-vacuumed the same spot 10 more times and we examined the
black cloth. Rainbow 0, Ricar, 1

His next bag of tricks was to turn out the lights and he truned on a
bright light directed near the exhaust on the Rainbow. Just a wee bit
of dust was seen floating in the air. He did the same with our Ricar
and said see how much dust is floating in the air. I said no, he took
another look and pointed the light is several directions around our vac.
Humm, must be something wrong with my light. I said goodbye.