Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck screws in PTW wood

On 9/17/2015 10:53 PM, wrote:

You can still get CCA wood from a marine contractors supply but the
lumber is only going to be .6 or .8 CCA
The poles are still 2.5 tho.

Oddly enough, the lst few weeks I've been noticing
a couple boards coming loose, on my deck. I'd got
some 1 5/8 inch deck screws, they seemed to help.
But not really long enough to anchor well. The boards
are an inch or so, and that's not much thread into
the beams. Later I find that I've got a box of 3 inch
deck screws. My plan is later today to pilot hole
through the deck boards, and put in a couple three
inchers, between the shorter screws.

That should help hold the Pressure Treated Wood wood.

If not might need to visit an ATM machine, on the
way to get my auotomobile VIN number.

--
..
Christopher A. Young