Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Broadband Plusnet v Broadband

I thought Plus net was actually owned by BT?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
A year or so ago I switched my phone to Plusnet as part of a
phone/Broadband package.

Since had calls from BT trying to lure me back.

Latest was yesterday. He told me it would be faster and more reliable with
BT. I suggested that the cables are the same so how would it be faster.
He told me that their fibre cables run parallel to the old wire cables.
how can I confirm this?

I don't know enough about it to know if I'm being feed BS, that's why I'm
here.

I was given some attractive deals but I said I would need to see the
deals in writing as it was a lot to take in over the phone. He wasn't
allowed. To me that's in the same area of sales techniques as the double
glazing salesman phoning his manager to get a better price.

He's calling me next week to see what I've come up with after my 'think
about it'.

Any pointers?