Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Sharp microwave door won't latch - How did you get the inside panel off?

Uncle Monster
Sun, 06
Sep 2015 11:44:07 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 2:03:42 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 06 Sep 2015 04:44:01 +0000, bc
wrote:

replying to Dot, bc wrote:
Dot wrote:

How did you get the inside panel off the door?

I stumbled on this site for the same issue with older Sharp
microwave.

After reading about the door spring, it was a quick and easy
fix. Just pry at the plastic around the sliding latch and it'll
pop out. Like others described, the bottom piece of plastic
broke that held the spring

.
I had an old spring lying around that I doubled up with the
existing spring so it could attach at a lower fixed spot. It's
fully functional again. Thanks for the info!

I had invited myself to stay with friends in Staten Island 10 or
15 years ago, and one is supposed to bring a hostess gitt, but
I'm not very good at that. They both went to work in the
morning. Laura or Mike had mentioned that the latch on the built
in microwave didn't latch, so without asking them, I took the
door apart and the little plastic peg one end of the spring was
attached to had broken. I used a wire tie I found in their
drawer, and tied the spring to something farther down, using the
length of the wire to make up the difference. it was looped
twice so it was four strands strong.

Boy were they surprised when they got home and the microwave
worked. A lot better than most hostess gifts.
--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus

I've been a guest before and when left alone I decided to show my
appreciation. When my hostess returned, she found the toilet had
been cleaned, hinges on the doors were no longer squeaky, door
hardware was not loose anymore, the doors closed easily and
latched quietly. All the plumbing fixtures no longer leaked and of
course I cleaned the kitchen and took out the garbage. She
couldn't believe I was still single. I explained that I'd never
been able to repair a woman, there were too many things
malfunctioning at the same unpredictable time. ^_^

Bit low on replacement parts/required tools to do service work on
them too. [g]

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.