Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default [OT] Communicating without grid power

Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:59:52 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:47:27 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 10:45:37 AM UTC-5,
wrote:

By Wilma I had this, cobbled up from junk I had in the garage.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/redneck_power.jpg

Now we have a real generator.

That is ingenious! It looks like you repurposed an old pump using
a GM alternator that has the built-in voltage regulator. Back at
the house I have LED lights everywhere and when I was last at home
in January, there was a power outage that lasted 6 1/2 hours. One
small 500 watt UPS ran my LED desk lamps the whole time without
any loss of brightness which allowed me to get around the house
without any fear of tripping over something in the dark. I think
it would easily run the lights for 12 hours. ^_^

It was an old pressure cleaner with a bad pump. This will run the
2 onboard inverters and charge a big deep cycle trolling motor
battery without breathing hard.

I'd say so. What's it pushing amp wise? over 100 or so?

--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.