Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck screws in PTW wood

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:24:26 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
| At 20 years old, it is probably the old PT wood, not the current stuff.
Required
| fasteners are different.

It is the old stuff. So I have resistant arsenic
instead of whatever it is they're using now. (To
this day I haven't been able to find out what the
new "acq" is made of.)

But that doesn't have anything to do with nails
and screws.

I seem to recall it being a copper compound used for treating lumber now. The moonbats howl that the old arsenic treated lumber wasn't environmentally friendly. I slap them upside and yell at them,"I DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDLY TO THE ENVIRONMENT! I WANT TO KILL ANYTHING THAT TRIES TO EAT MY DECK!" Fraking morons. They probably put their transgender kids in bubble wrap suits if they ever allow them to go outside and play. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Poison Monster