Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coating for headphone ear pads?

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 10:15:56 AM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I have some old Technics headphones for which replacement pads are no
longer sold. They work fine, but the leather-look coating has mostly
flaked off the fabric covering the ear pads, leaving it likely to soak
up perspiration and get smelly.

Has anyone found an acceptable way of re coating such things? Rustoleum
Vinyl spray paint?

Perce

I recently wore out my recording studio type headphones so instead of trying to fix them, I purchased a few different headphones from Amazon. I got the Amazon Basics branded wired headphones which are surprisingly well made and comfortable and I bought the SoundBot branded Bluetooth headset which is well made and works very well. I'm considering the AmazonBasics Premium headphones with inline microphone. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBEWB4U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBNG10C

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q3OHI4I

[8~{} Uncle Head Monster