Leonard Caillouet

Default Is anyone parting out a Pioneer SD-P50xx series PTV?

Look for bad solder joints everywhere. This is a very common problem on the
Pioneer sets. Also, are all of your low voltage supplies coming up?

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
et...
I "borrowed" the vertical deflection IC to fix the 5075, but I found a
source of that. When I got it the power supply was dead with several

smoked
parts, I repaired it so it would turn on for a moment then shut off, but
then I forget what happened but it got so it wouldn't turn on at all

again,
I checked with the known good power/sweep board and it turns on for a

moment
then shuts off so I'm pretty certain there's a short somewhere on the main
chassis, I haven't really dug into it yet though. Before when I held the
power relay on it would display a slightly distorted raster but no pic and
no control response.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
Those two would be mostly the same, as are the SD-P4575, SD-P4573,

SD-P5575,
and PRO-97. Other models with the SD-P50xx prefix would not be as

similar.

What kind of problems does your unit have?

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
et...
It's a SD-P5073, but I just fixed an SD-P5075 and the relevant

internals
are
identical.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
The xx in your model number is the important part if you want parts

that
will be of any use to you.

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I have one of these that I've been working on for quite some time

now
and
recently got another which I was able to fix with some part

swapping,
but
in
the process I found that all three sub-chassis's have various

issues
so
I'm
hesitant to spend a bunch of money on parts with an uncertain

outcome.
Does
anyone have one of these with dead tubes and a serviceable

chassis?
Contact
me with price.