Leonard Caillouet

Default Is anyone parting out a Pioneer SD-P50xx series PTV?

The xx in your model number is the important part if you want parts that
will be of any use to you.

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I have one of these that I've been working on for quite some time now and
recently got another which I was able to fix with some part swapping, but

in
the process I found that all three sub-chassis's have various issues so

I'm
hesitant to spend a bunch of money on parts with an uncertain outcome.

Does
anyone have one of these with dead tubes and a serviceable chassis?

Contact
me with price.

Leonard Caillouet

Those two would be mostly the same, as are the SD-P4575, SD-P4573, SD-P5575,
and PRO-97. Other models with the SD-P50xx prefix would not be as similar.

What kind of problems does your unit have?

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
et...
It's a SD-P5073, but I just fixed an SD-P5075 and the relevant internals

are
identical.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
The xx in your model number is the important part if you want parts that
will be of any use to you.

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I have one of these that I've been working on for quite some time now

and
recently got another which I was able to fix with some part swapping,

but
in
the process I found that all three sub-chassis's have various issues

so
I'm
hesitant to spend a bunch of money on parts with an uncertain outcome.

Does
anyone have one of these with dead tubes and a serviceable chassis?

Contact
me with price.

James Sweet

I "borrowed" the vertical deflection IC to fix the 5075, but I found a
source of that. When I got it the power supply was dead with several smoked
parts, I repaired it so it would turn on for a moment then shut off, but
then I forget what happened but it got so it wouldn't turn on at all again,
I checked with the known good power/sweep board and it turns on for a moment
then shuts off so I'm pretty certain there's a short somewhere on the main
chassis, I haven't really dug into it yet though. Before when I held the
power relay on it would display a slightly distorted raster but no pic and
no control response.

[...]

BillHeronemus

I have a similar model in the shop that has had a intermittent short in the
blue CRT (even after being sent back twice to PATX for rebuilding) that has
killed the main ckt. board.
I hope to get back on it, although if I am able to bring it back to life, will
still have to deal with that arc that is visible in the gun of that tube which
may be un-repairable, so keep me in mind if anyone has a good used blue gun
that may be of use. Before the short, it had multiple bad solder connections
and a dead chassis, probably from the intermittent short.
Bill

TV Fixer1

I have a tube group (all three) from a parted out set; what is the number on
the tube you need. I'm in Chattanooga, Tn, but have plenty of tube boxes from
my days as a Philips factory servicer.
TV Fixer1

I have a tube group (all three) from a parted out set; what is the number on
the tube you need. I'm in Chattanooga, Tn, but have plenty of tube boxes from
my days as a Philips factory servicer.

James Sweet

It had bad solder joints everywhere, I'm assuming that was the original
cause of failure, I think I repaired all those though. The
vertical/convergence board is now in good shape, still a problem with the
power supply and either the main chassis or the yokes, not sure. With a
known good PS/sweep board in there it turns on for a moment and shuts off.
Haven't had a chance to try swapping the main chassis yet, need to wait for
work to slow down a bit.