Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck screws in PTW wood

On 17 Sep 2015 15:23:35 GMT, notbob wrote:

I know my late mom's deck was a cheapo effort. Still, got PTW for the
decking boards. Now, all the screws are rusty and pulling out and the wood is
going bad, no doubt due to no kinda deck stain/preservatives and
covering the deck with household carpenting, which held the moisture
even longer than the Rocky Mountain snows. Plus, a buddy told me PTW
will rot regular deck screws (3-1/2" ).

I plan to eventually renew the deck boards w/ new PTW boards, but what
kinda screws? I don't wanna hafta do this again.

nb

Nothing but stainless for me but Florida is tougher on hardware than
most places.