Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Poison Ivy Removal - Total, Complete ?

On 9/17/2015 3:55 AM, bob haller wrote:
50% roundup...... 50% poision ivy killer sprayed from a small spray bottle
applied to actively growing poision ivy will kill it dead. DO NOT PRUNE or
remove any vegation / leaves the killer stuff is absorbed thru the leaves!

this will be a lifetime project, poision ivy will over time grow back.

NEVER BURN POISION IVY, the smoke can give you poision ivy in your lungs. if
your very sensitive to it this can kill you.

This is true of many plants. E.g., here, folks tend to use oleander
as a hedge around their homes. It grows quickly, densely, etc.
Each time I see some forest fire burning, I wonder what would happen
*here* for those folks whose homes are surrounded by the stuff!

its probably easier to pick a area not infected with poision ivy and store
you kayack at a different location.

incidently the roots, even if dead can give you the rash too.

its best to stock up on steroids before proceeding