Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broadband Plusnet v Broadband

On 17/09/15 12:55, mark wrote:
A year or so ago I switched my phone to Plusnet as part of a phone/Broadband
package.

Since had calls from BT trying to lure me back.

Latest was yesterday. He told me it would be faster and more reliable with
BT. I suggested that the cables are the same so how would it be faster. He
told me that their fibre cables run parallel to the old wire cables. how
can I confirm this?

I don't know enough about it to know if I'm being feed BS, that's why I'm
here.

I was given some attractive deals but I said I would need to see the deals
in writing as it was a lot to take in over the phone. He wasn't allowed.
To me that's in the same area of sales techniques as the double glazing
salesman phoning his manager to get a better price.

He's calling me next week to see what I've come up with after my 'think
about it'.

Only if he means "switch to FTTC" which is Fibre-to-the-cabinet.

And you can do that with anyone. FTTC is sold by BT as BT Infinity but
it's the same as VDSL/FTTC and is known by lots of trade names.