Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some interesting metalworking pictures

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 2:19:16 PM UTC-7, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 9/16/2015 2:51 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

The definition of "Quality" is meeting the customer's requirements.
Aesthetics and precision beyond need only add cost.

No, that's your definition.

I'm a student of Deming. Over-precision does not equal higher quality

http://metalcutting.com/your-tight-t...ing-part-cost/

"The good news is that there are many instances where looser tolerance
may be perfectly acceptable. If a tolerance is tighter than you really
need, you'll end up paying for it. But by carefully considering the end
use, where the part is going, and what the part needs to do before
specifying a tight tolerance, you can distinguish between critical and
non-critical tolerances, and minimizing your cost of quality."

I accept your opinion and Demmings. I don't agree that it applies in all cases.