Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 4:26:14 PM UTC-4, NorMinn wrote:
On 9/13/2015 2:44 PM, NG wrote:
replying to Mayayana , NG wrote:
mayayana wrote:

You should be talking to her, not to us. We don't even know what you
pay for electricity. $250/month? More? Less? Where I live $50/month
for what you describe seems very high. My last bill was $47. (Though
we don't leave things on when we're not using them; we don't have AC
or microwave; we have gas for heat and stove.) $15 sounds about right
to me. If I had to guess I'd say you were gouging them. But I'm not in
your condo association and don't know the details. What if $15 is not
enough and it should be $20? Who cares? $5/month. You're thinking of
paying a lawyer to take it to court over that? It sounds to me like
you and the neighbor need better communication.

First, off I came across this site last night, and there was another
person on here that had a similar situation. So that's when I wrote in.
I pay well over $ 250 a month on electric
bills to answer your question. She agreed 0n the $ 50 way before she went
to settlement. And sign away excepting All terms and conditions on this
shared property Then 7 months later she came at me very hostile, I wanted
to work something out with her she turned down the offer, she should of
did all her homework before she signed at settlement.

Why do you not get separate electric meters? That seems logical to me.

Probably because the monthly base charge for a meter is probably
more than the cost of the small amount of electric used. And then
there is the expense of the rewiring, since the other unit owner
stopped paying for water altogether, I doubt she's going to agree
to pay for re-metering. And then it would only solve
part of the problem anyway. Who's accounting for the OP loading
salt into the water conditioner, probably buying it, lugging it
home, the cost of that equipment, the pump, repair/replacement of
it in the future, etc? If she thinks $50 is too much for water,
she probably thinks all that should be free too. No, they've got
themselves a right proper mess.

Watering 2-3x a day is nuts....NO lawn should be watered like that.
Twice weekly, even in sunny Florida with sandy soil is plenty..

Yep, I posted that couple days ago too. And I wouldn't be surprised
that has something to do with the issue. Like maybe the other unit
owner saw the crazy watering and figures she's paying for it.