Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..

On 9/13/2015 2:44 PM, NG wrote:
replying to Mayayana , NG wrote:
mayayana wrote:

You should be talking to her, not to us. We don't even know what you
pay for electricity. $250/month? More? Less? Where I live $50/month
for what you describe seems very high. My last bill was $47. (Though
we don't leave things on when we're not using them; we don't have AC
or microwave; we have gas for heat and stove.) $15 sounds about right
to me. If I had to guess I'd say you were gouging them. But I'm not in
your condo association and don't know the details. What if $15 is not
enough and it should be $20? Who cares? $5/month. You're thinking of
paying a lawyer to take it to court over that? It sounds to me like
you and the neighbor need better communication.

First, off I came across this site last night, and there was another
person on here that had a similar situation. So that's when I wrote in.
I pay well over $ 250 a month on electric
bills to answer your question. She agreed 0n the $ 50 way before she went
to settlement. And sign away excepting All terms and conditions on this
shared property Then 7 months later she came at me very hostile, I wanted
to work something out with her she turned down the offer, she should of
did all her homework before she signed at settlement.

Why do you not get separate electric meters? That seems logical to me.
Watering 2-3x a day is nuts....NO lawn should be watered like that.
Twice weekly, even in sunny Florida with sandy soil is plenty....you
should look up your city or county agricultural extension service and
read up on lawn care. Even in hottest dryest weather in Florida,
watering 2x week is plenty....grass can look wilty in extreme weather
but 2x keeps it going. Don't mow too short, don't fertilize during
stressful weather. With a "very large" yard, you probably will be ahead
if you convert some of the lawn grass to more tolerant, less thirsty plants.