Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

On 9/16/2015 3:04 PM, dpb wrote:
On 09/16/2015 2:50 PM, Leon wrote:

I'm sure the blade would have to be reflattened. IIRC Forrest charges by
time involved. So you are quickly coming up on just buying a new blade.

IIRC, the quoted repair on the one in question was 2/3rds new...I don't
know what just routine sharpening charge is but it's not uncommon to
have to have a tooth tip replace anyway and they always
retension/flatten so it's not like that's out of the ordinary. If it is
beyond cost-effectiveness, they'll tell ya'...

--

I don't think I have ever had Forrest replace a tooth, so maybe they
automatically re-flatten in that situation but not if they simply resharpen.