Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

On 9/16/2015 9:43 AM, Leon wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 09/15/2015 6:02 PM, Leon wrote:

I cringe at the thought of tripping mthe break on my Forrest Dado King set.

Was a sidebar article in FWW a few months ago -- most times it appears
blades can be repaired after a SS crash. I was quite surprised how
little actual damage was incurred the blade in the one shown; the Al
brake material is quite lot soft so it just deforms not causing all that
much havoc and destruction as one imagines will be...I suspect the
laundry bill will still be nearly as expensive after any event

--

I too have heard that the brake does not necessarily damage the blade
beyond repair. But considering that, new SS cartridge $80-90. And to

Considering that, the Bosch wins hands down. But you have to consider that
the Bosch only uses one line of defense to prevent you from being cut
during a trigger. While both saws use the drop down feature to protect
you if that feature was compromised with perhaps a build up of debris that
prevented the blade from dropping below the surface the redundant brake
feature might be the air bag thar assists the seat belt.

The big picture is.. you don't lose your finger.
So either is cheap by comparison.

If you triggered it for REAL its saved you thousands and pain.
If you triggered it falsely.. well then you are aggravated either way.
But the Bosch would be cheaper. But again, it's a small saw.

--
Jeff