Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

On 9/16/15 8:43 AM, Leon wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 09/15/2015 6:02 PM, Leon wrote: ...

I cringe at the thought of tripping mthe break on my Forrest Dado
King set.

Was a sidebar article in FWW a few months ago -- most times it
appears blades can be repaired after a SS crash. I was quite
surprised how little actual damage was incurred the blade in the
one shown; the Al brake material is quite lot soft so it just
deforms not causing all that much havoc and destruction as one
imagines will be...I suspect the laundry bill will still be nearly
as expensive after any event

--

I too have heard that the brake does not necessarily damage the
blade beyond repair. But considering that, new SS cartridge $80-90.

Considering that, the Bosch wins hands down. But you have to
consider that the Bosch only uses one line of defense to prevent you
from being cut during a trigger. While both saws use the drop down
feature to protect you if that feature was compromised with perhaps a
build up of debris that prevented the blade from dropping below the
surface the redundant brake feature might be the air bag thar assists
the seat belt.

Using that logic, you would have to say they are both insufficient and
shouldn't be trusted to save your fingers because they neither uses
*three* lines of defense to prevent you from being cut during a trigger.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--