Posted to alt.home.repair
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:40:31 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:35:13 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:39:52 -0500, Unquestionably
Confused wrote:

7) Now the neighbor says "F**k you! I'm not paying anything"

No. She's offering 15 dollars a month. He put that at the end
somewhere, so I think a lot of people missed it.

They could have "agreed" at the outset for the neighbor to pay $200 a
month and that's fine and had it been reduced to a contract the courts
would uphold it and the neighbor would be on the hook for that amount.
You can negotiate anything and you can contract to do anything. Once
you do, you're liable.

Usually, but not forever. If no time peiiod is specified, the court
will assume a reasonable time. Like maybe a year. Or maybe less.
Then they get to renegotiate.

I don't think a court would even consider a "reasonable" time period.
If there was no time period agreed to, I'd say the contract is good for
as long as both parties are OK with it. Say a guy comes to your house
selling bottled water. You just agree to take 10 gallons a week, for $10.
How long does that bind either party for? I'd say the same thing, as long
as both parties are still OK with it.

This is not the same situation. The water guy can sell water to anyone
and many people. The OP is limited to one customer and he has to be the
guy who lives next door. And the plan when the house was split was for
the guy next door to share water expenses. But it probably won't go to
court so we'll never know. You can have the last word.

We will never know not because it won't get to court, but because the OP is
withholding information from us. he just wants someone to tell him what he
wants to be told, so he is skewing the question and not giving us the facts.