Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Workshop/Garage Heaters

In message , Capitol
writes
John Rumm wrote:
I find fully electric in a 17' x 12' workshop that is fully lined
with 2" of PIR foam to be relatively cheap. I have a wall mounted fan
heater with an external stat to keep it about about 5 deg. I can turn
that up when I am using it, and also supplement it with a standalone
halogen heater. Only really needed for 20 mins to get the place to a
comfortable temperature, then the fan heater will maintain it.

I use a heat pump.

Kindly expand..

I briefly considered an air source heat pump for my carpentry tenant.
AFAIR for around 1000ukp I could get his partitioned off office up to a
reasonable temperature.

Heating the remaining 120 m2 was out of reach. Intermittent occupation
did not help. Ideally something over 10deg.C for gluing.

Currently he is exploring electric fan heating spread across 3 phases.
The roof has 75mm of PIR foam but the walls are 4" block. Internal
insulation would be extremely disruptive and external leaves the thermal
delay of heating the walls.

--
Tim Lamb