Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Changes ...

rbowman wrote:
On 09/15/2015 07:24 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Well , as they say , no battle survives contact with the enemy
intact ... I was pricing block vs poured concrete today , with the
mistaken expression that block would be cheaper - what a surprise ,
concrete is half the cost for materials only . Well , actually less
than half . because I'm getting the floor too for just over half .

Are you figuring in the forms? I worked on a volunteer project where
the guy in charge tried to cheap out and build forms out of scrap
laying around the site. He got a floor too when the forms let go. We
weren't prepared to strike it off, so it set up lumpy.

I'm researching using some 7/16 OSB , then reusing it for exterior
sheathing or maybe on the roof . Question there is what to use as a release
agent . Diesel has been suggested but not sure if the odor will be a problem
later . Floor will be poured first as a monolithic (?) slab with the
footings integrated into the slab . I also plan to use a poly vapor barrier
under the slab , thickness is yet to be decided .

--
Snag