external usenet poster

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 4:34:02 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
Electric Comet wrote:

was thinking conference table when i saw it too
could probably get 20 grand as a conference table

maybe even more than that because some people

$1000 per chair and up

Screw "some people" and their wallets. I don't need money. I'm retired and do woodwork for fun. This table just happens to have come out pretty darn good and the original idea was not to sell it, but to put it at the camp, because we needed a better dining table, there. At the camp, I don't think any of those drunk idiots would object to sitting on 5 gallon cans, when eating. But I do have ideas for making dining chairs.... to suit myself and this table, not to suit some high spender. I find, often times, my ideas are agreeable to most others, so I have confidence in my ideas and designs.

Albeit, the table is a candidate for high end customers, and that's certainly an option, and I am having second thoughts about bring it to the camp. More so than attorneys, I have lots of physician friends, who have very nice camps along the Gulf coast, there abouts.

I have no idea where you shop for office furniture, but I've had some top
end office funishings over my career and never saw prices like these.
Granted - there are people who will pay stupid prices for stuff, but they're
really hard to find. And you have to have exactly what they want to get
those prices. You are way off base for 99% of the office buying public.

LOL. Thanks Mike. And there is something to say about cheap office furniture, lending this thought to another thread : Farm table part Deux: Top glue up? I like this table idea, also. Long ago, two weeks before we opened our mediacl office, I went to Sears and bought chisels and a 4" belt sander... I had other tools. I made 5 exam tables with 2X4s (trestle table constructon, as in that Farm Table thread), upholstered with naugahyde. They are still in the office and in good shape. Back then, they probably cost $25 each, total, to construct. I'm still a cheap bastid, too, always looking for free or cheap lumber.

Sonny