Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Farm table part Deux: Top glue up?

On 9/10/2015 12:48 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/9/2015 9:04 AM, wrote:

The final product should look sort of like this:

http://www.mortisetenon.com/assets/i...ning-table.jpg

I'm a sucker for that style of table.
Really do like it, thus saved the photo.

I saw almost the same table at Joe's Crab Shack. I liked the simple
design, thinking I'd build one for my deck. I kicked my self for not
taking a picture with my cell, so I downloaded this one, as you did.

I've glued up a lot of table tops like this, and just glue and clamps
needed.

When I first started woodworking one of the first things I made was a
large work bench with a butcher block top. I ran splines in each board,
and cut 1/4" plywood strips for the splines. Then I drilled holes every
foot for 1/4" threaded rod. I didn't trust wood glue then, but quickly
learned that was total over kill, glue really does work, and is all
that's needed.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com