Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 10:49:15 PM UTC-5,

Not only is that table over the top gorgeous, it plenty damn sturdy.

Thanks. It is sturdy. That was one thing I paid attention to, regarding the mortises' size and alignment, maintaining the squareness of my carving them. I had a mock tenon, I used as a test piece/guide. The through tenons were easy enough, to make, and are a perfect match for the mortises. The tenons slide in fairly easily, when nudged by hand and knee, yet lock nice and tight, when the keys are inserted. The issue with the extra tight keys, on one end, may be there is a drip/run of finish (that I missed seeing), inside the key holes.

Sonny