Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Minimum $15~20K add side benches for more $$

I did Google prices and thought in the range of $6-$8K, based on 2005
and 2007 posted prices. My nephew assessed it as you did, $15-$20K.

I do have more boards and root ball stock for benches, but I thought
benches would be too heavy. I have a set (12, 2 captain's chairs)
of antique dining chairs, salvaged from New Orleans (Katrina flood),
that I thought to refinish (lacquer) and upholster (leather & decor
nails), but not sure the style of these chairs would go well with
this table. Once the chairs are done, then I can better assess
their mating to the table.

If you are seriously considering selling it, keep in mind that it doesn't
have to be a dining table...it could be a conference table. And conference
tables need not be accompanied by chairs in a similar genre or any chairs at
all. Same with dining tables for that matter.

I mention conference table because newly arrived lawyers love flash (after
they get their Rolex and Mercedes) and that table has a lot of it (in a good
way).