Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Mayo Rick Mayo is offline

Default how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..

On 09/13/2015 03:47 PM, Juan Abogado wrote:
On 09/13/2015 01:44 AM, NG wrote:
I share a well with my neighbor we have 2 dwelling condo. My unit concest
of myself, and her unit has 3 people as of now.

What happens when your neighbor or one of her guests gets sick from the well water you are effectively selling her?

Are you having the water professionally* tested periodically?
(Professionally does not mean the idiot in the orange vest at HD.)

Are you taking any steps to ensure the water is safe?

Do you have business liability insurance to cover your ass?

Wow, hadn't considered that. That changes everything.

The well must be owned by the condo assoc and on it's own official service drop with its own meter.
Electric service and other maintenance costs need to be billed to condo assoc.
Water meters need to be installed to determine each users share of the bill.
Water softener needs to be serviced/maintained by paid third party.

This ditz sure opened up an expensive can of worms!