Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 5:03:34 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Minimum $15~20K add side benches for more $$

I did Google prices and thought in the range of $6-$8K, based on 2005 and 2007 posted prices. My nephew assessed it as you did, $15-$20K.

I do have more boards and root ball stock for benches, but I thought benches would be too heavy. I have a set (12, 2 captain's chairs) of antique dining chairs, salvaged from New Orleans (Katrina flood), that I thought to refinish (lacquer) and upholster (leather & decor nails), but not sure the style of these chairs would go well with this table. Once the chairs are done, then I can better assess their mating to the table.

BTW, 4 more pics, taken with the camera (better detail), rather than the with phone (darker pics, less detail), have been posted: https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...h/20715730554/

Today, since the Saints were playing poorly and no company came by, to visit and watch the game, I worked on the coat rack. Got the sides and seat almost assembled. Should finish that assembly and have the back done tomorrow, then sanding. Hopefully, by this weekend, it'll be stained(?) and finished and ready for the (woodworking/Saints fans) kids, Ian (8) and Braxton (9)), to install the fleur-de-lis coat hooks.

Sonny