Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Workshop/Garage Heaters

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

On 13/09/2015 16:17, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi all,

What with the colder weather just around the corner, an old man's
thoughts turn to keeping warm. There are various space heaters on the
market. Electric ones are just too expensive to run and the only other
alternatives seem to be propane or diesel types, but which is the best
bet overall in terms of, well, everything?

ta,
cd.

What needs keeping warm? You or what a space heater heats (i.e. space)?

If it is you, consider infra-red. It is astonishing how warm you can
feel with even a 150 watt red glow pointing at you. Lidl usually have
some fairly inexpensive ones sometime around now.

Anyone tried heated clothing?

Haven't tried it yet, mainly because its not that cheap at all
and my biggest problem is the cold arms and they mostly
don't bother to heat the arms. Its easy to have a couple
of fleeces that keep the chest warm enough, but that
doesn't help with the arms and hands.

Something like
http://www.bosch-professional.com/gb...2490033-ocs-c/

Or since this is DIY

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-heated-clothing/

I have been tempted to try this route since I can't find much
that heats the arms.

But surely, with all the ******** you type your arms must be steaming?