Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On 9/13/2015 10:43 AM, Jack wrote:
On 9/12/2015 11:47 AM, Sonny wrote:

My nephew says it's too nice for the camp. I'll keep it for a while,
at least.
Not sure where it will end up. I do need to get it out of the shop,
though.

My kitchen-dining room is 20X40, so I'll likely stash it there, for
the time being.

That's a gorgeous table Sonny. People with loads of money pay huge sums
for that type of table to stick in their $15 million dollar summer log
"cabins". I suspect the more your charge for it the better they like
it. I've seen them often on "Epic log Homes" I believe.

There is a small furniture store in Brenham, TX that sells this style
furniture. The big difference is that the furniture is not as pretty as
if they were built with walnut. They almost exclusively use Ipe. It is
an effort to even move one of the table side seating benches.
Not to mention, I estimate, about 4 times heavier than walnut.