Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Where to get beveled rod like this?

John Doe wrote:
To be clear...
I'm not trying to repair anything.
I'm trying to connect the rod to a bicycle bottom bracket spindle.

I think it's possible to rig a rotary tool to make decent cuts/slots in the
end of a 9 mm rod. Or to make flats in it, for the end that sticks into the
gearcase. Will see.

Unless you eliminate all the parts of that clutch I think you will find
it is going to slip under load. OH and don't believe the 20 volt bs on
those drills. The battery actually puts out 18 volts while in use. I
know someone who tore apart the battery pack and discovered that they
run the same number and type of cell that the rest of the 18 volt units do.

--
Steve W.