Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default drill doctor first impression

On 10 Sep 2015 01:37:42 -0300, Mike Spencer
wrote:

Cydrome Leader writes:

I grabbed a drill doctor 750X to play with. It sounds great in concept.

Here's my first thoughts from playing with it for an hour last night.

Gee, I've been using a little gadget I bought at Sears in the 70s with
great results. Has the same adjustable degrees of freedom as an
industrial version I used in a Michelin millwright/machine shop
mounted on a big pedestal grinder. The Michelin one handled over 2"
dia. while mine only does less than 3/4". Dunno what it's called or
who made it, unpromising pot metal construction but no problems in 40
years. Keep it mounted on its own little wheeled stand with a cheapo
spindle, old pump motor and the right side-grind wheel.

General make one version which I will someday set up with a surplus
angle driver for rough sharpening. Until then I will use my shop
teachers "rock and roll" method as described by "Teenut". this leaves
my DD750X to do the final grind which is satisfactory to my
requirements. t
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada