Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Farm table part Deux: Top glue up?

Jim wrote:

Yeah, the edges are pretty good. Doing this on my jointer was a
challange to say the least. What I ended up doing was, once I got
close with the jointer, to but them together with light clamping then
find the high spots and hand planing those down. So now I have them
all layed out and I put just 2 clamps on them, at the ends, with
light pressiure and put a light below. At this point I see nothing
coming through so I think they will be nice and tight with 7 clamps,
about one each foot. First I'll do two,then add the third.

In case you don't know this already (and if you are using pipe clamps) it
will be much easier to keep the glue up flat if you alternate the clamps,
top & bottom. It is easy to set pipe clams so that the pressure is not dead
center on the board edges; if it isn't, the glue up will bow. With clamps
both top and bottom, you can check for flat and tweak to flat as needed.