Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default drill doctor first impression

Mike Spencer wrote:

Cydrome Leader writes:

I grabbed a drill doctor 750X to play with. It sounds great in concept.

Here's my first thoughts from playing with it for an hour last night.

Gee, I've been using a little gadget I bought at Sears in the 70s with
great results. Has the same adjustable degrees of freedom as an
industrial version I used in a Michelin millwright/machine shop
mounted on a big pedestal grinder. The Michelin one handled over 2"
dia. while mine only does less than 3/4". Dunno what it's called or
who made it, unpromising pot metal construction but no problems in 40
years. Keep it mounted on its own little wheeled stand with a cheapo
spindle, old pump motor and the right side-grind wheel.

Post a YouTube video, or at least a picture. Or find a picture of it on
google images or wherever.