Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jtpryan@jimryan.com is offline

Default Farm table part Deux: Top glue up?

First, let me thank everybody for the input on the wood type I seem to using for this project. Probably southern yellow pine.

I have the 3 boards (~12x84x1.5)ready for glue up. I am not using breadboard ends. My plan is to either use biscuits or some kind of spline for greater strength and alignment. I'm not quite sure here so any input would be appreciated.

I also plan to put boards across the bottom of the top, about every 2 feet or so. Probably overkill, but I do want this to last a long time.

The final product should look sort of like this:

http://www.mortisetenon.com/assets/i...ning-table.jpg