Posted to alt.home.repair
Martha[_2_] Martha[_2_] is offline

Default Springs for hanging curtains

replying to beklousmith , Martha wrote:
beklousmith wrote:

Hi Darrel,
When I was growing up, it seemed like half the little old ladies I knew

had
little curtains over their pantry cupboards or porch windows or something

hung in thin wire springs, 1/4th inch or so in diameter by however long. I

just recently bought a house that is 125 years old and it is begging for

li
ttle curtains hung on springs. But where, oh where do we find them? Surely

there is some place to order them? I need some about 14 inches long and a

ouple about 42 inches long. If you find a good source for buying them, and

not coated ones either, would you please email me? Thanks a million! And

go
od luck in your search.

Found'em! 20-36 in. Zinc Spring Sash Rod 2 Pack
http://www.midlandhardware.com/394254.html#.Ve9Nqnvxi8U