Posted to alt.home.repair
John G[_8_] John G[_8_] is offline

Default Recessed lighting trim question.

My living room has 6 recessed lights, whose trims are held in place by two coil springs (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halo-Trim...S7H/202024767).

I want to install LED lights with flush trim like this (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...H27/204726945), but it appears incompatible as there's nothing for the V springs of this light to grab hold of inside the can.

I don't want to rip these cans out, as there's nothing really wrong with them. Does anyone know what type/model/name of LED flush fixture I should look for?

Your existing recessed lights should have the slots in there for the V springs. They look like two small hooks opposite one another sticking out from the side of the can. Sometimes they are pushed inward to accommodate the trim. I have found them cut off on rare occasion. Post a a photo of the inside of the can.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV