Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Recessed lighting trim question.

On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 10:49:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi,
My living room has 6 recessed lights, whose trims are held in place by two coil springs (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Halo-Trim...S7H/202024767).

I want to install LED lights with flush trim like this (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...H27/204726945), but it appears incompatible as there's nothing for the V springs of this light to grab hold of inside the can.

I don't want to rip these cans out, as there's nothing really wrong with them. Does anyone know what type/model/name of LED flush fixture I should look for?

Thanks
Theodore

I ran into the same problem. A local supermarket was selling those
LED conversion kits for $10 and it was hard to pass up. In my case,
once the old socket was removed from the old fixture, the new trim
would fit right inside the old trim and the part you can on the ceiling
was exactly the same size, so it completely covered the old. Only problem
was those four spring legs had nothing to grab on to. So, I just removed
the old trim, slid the new one into it and used some caulk in a few spots
to secure it. Once it was dry, I just put it back in place and connected
the LED to the old socket.