Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extend old worn in-wall wiring

On 9/6/2015 8:38 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 4:29:53 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some I've seen, I call em back clamp. Which
is fine with me.
-
.

Are you referring to the type where you must tighten the screw after sticking the stripped end of the wire through the hole in the back of the wiring device?
If it's what I'm thinking, it's a commercial grade device that I've used with stranded wire. You can also side wire them. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Wire Monster

Agree, it has two square pieces of metal which
come together when you tighten the screw. I can
imagine you can loop the wire around the screw
and tighten, though with more work. For us old
traditionalists.

-
..
Christopher A. Young