Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default flapper won't come down, where to find this flapper?

John Smith wrote:
I have a one-piece Atlas commode which, I believe, is made by American
Standard. This commode is quite old. Recently, it has the problem that
the flapper won't come down. I want to replace the flapper but this
flapper is quite unusual. Most of the flappers has two ears and is
attached to a center tube. This commode doesn't have a center tube. On a
corner of the water tank there are two holes which allow excess water to
flow into the bowl.

I cannot accurately describe this flapper but I'll try. It is like a
regular flapper (without the ears) with a 1" tube, 2 to 3 inches long,
placed horizontally on top of it. Above it is an arm with a chain which
is attached to the handle for flushing.

I know there is not much info to go by but if anyone can understand what
I'm talking about and point me to a picture on the web, it'll be greatly
appreciated.

I searched Google but did not find the flapper I was looking for. The
closest thing I can find is this:

http://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/s...it_2440198.jpg

Try plumbingsupply.com